12/14/11

Superman by Five for Fighting

I can't stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, more than some pretty face beside a train and it's not easy to be me. I wish that I could cry, fall upon my knees, find a way to lie 'bout a home I'll never see. It may sound absurd... but don't be naive, even heroes have the right to bleed. I may be disturbed, but won't you concede--even heroes have the right to dream, and it's not easy to be me. Up up and away... away from me--well it's alright. You can all sleep sound tonight. I'm not crazy, or anything. I can't stand to fly, I'm not that naive. Men weren't meant to ride with clouds between their knees. I'm only a man in a silly red sheet, taken for Kryptonite on this one-way street. Only a man in a funny red sheet looking for special things inside of me. Inside of me. I'm only a man in a funny red sheet, I'm only a man lookin' for a dream. I'm only a man in a funny red sheet, and it's not easy... It's not easy to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment